Our first virtual preschool is going to be about The Gruffalo. Why? We were in the middle of our book-club project when the pandemic forced us to shut down… so we have not finished exploring all the books that we wanted to.
The Gruffalo is one of the kids’ favorite books. I have read it to them countless of times and they love it every single time. That’s why I thought it would be a good one to start with.
We are reading the book, practicing letter sound G and making an art project together.
You will need:
- watercolor paper (or some thicker paper)
- black sharpie
- cup for water (I prefer bowls, they spill less often)
- paper towels
- optional is a mat/reusable tablecloth for under the painting
And these are some amazing Gruffalos my virtual preschool class made today! Thank you so much for sharing, guys! LOVE IT!
Our second lesson, we have decided to spend asking more questions about the book, making Gruffalo crumble as a snack, learning about S and M sounds and making a Gruffalo out of construction paper.
You will need:
- cardboard square or thick paper (something they can cover in paint – not too big)
- brown paint
- cup for water
- white, orange, brown, green and purple paper (or just white and color it)
- ziplock bag
- cup of cereal
- nutella/chocolate pudding/marshmallow fluff thing 😉
- bowl and spoon
Still have not had enough of Gruffalo? Here are some other activities you can do together.
This is a wonderful pack of activities released for the 20th anniversary of the book.
This is a Gruffalo mask to print out, color and wear.
And these are some fun coloring sheets.
Next week we are talking about Three Little Pigs.